Brimfield & Little Hereford Group Parish Council
   Home            Local Information

Description
 Extract
Click on Link for full article:
An interesting description of Little Hereford transcribed from Kelly's Directory of Worcestershire and Herefordshire, 1896
Little Hereford is a parish comprising the township of Upton on the road from Ludlow to Tenbury, with a station called "Easton Court" on the Shrewsbury and Hereford section (Tenbury branch) of the Great Western and London and North Western joint railway........
More from 1896 
POSTAL REGULATIONS.- William Symonds, Sub-Postmaster. Letters arrive by messenger from Tenbury at 8.30 a.m.; despatched thereto at 4.30 p.m. Letters for Middleton hamlet are received through Ludlow. Brimfield is the nearest money order and telegraph office. Post towns, Tenbury and Ludlow.
Information about Little Hereford Caste
The enigmatic earthworks next to Little Hereford church have perturbed archaeologists for some years. Finally an answer to their questions may be postulated through historical research. Initially, during the reign of Edward the Confessor, Little Hereford and Berrington were part of the demesne of Richard Fitz Scrope of Burford barony and Richards Castle.  
Information about Little Hereford Church
The church of St Mary Magdalene, Little Hereford, was built in the Norman period, with later additions. It contains a Norman font dating from the late 11th century. In the wall of the nave is the 12th century tomb of Rainauld de la Mere, a blood relation of William the Conqueror, who fought in the Second Crusade. 
Information about Brimfield Church
St Michael, Brimfield
Extract from Littlebury's Directory and Gazetteer of Herefordshire, 1876-7
BRIMFIELD is a parish and village pleasantly situated on the borders of Shropshire and Worcestershire, and adjacent to the river Teme, which here forms part of the boundary.